Flat Tummy is rated as one of the best detox tea weight loss products. There’s an increasing wave about the use of this product and how it can help people to shed the stubborn abdominal fat. However, breastfeeding mothers, just like other people usually struggle with weight loss. The weight gain that accumulates during pregnancy as well as the baby weight that piles during breastfeeding is something that most women struggle with. But, can breastfeeding women take flat tummy tea?
Note that during postpartum, women are normally encouraged to take protein shakes. These supplements usually contain elements which are essential for nourishing the body. Flat tummy tea, on the other hand, has been touted as a detox that helps to reduce bloating while nursing a baby. However, clinical research indicates that breastfeeding moms, as well as those who are expectant, shouldn’t take this beverage.
This is because detox teas are not usually regulated formally and some of their ingredients can be harmful if used for long-term. Nursing mothers are normally advised to take nutritious whole foods, protein shakes and eliminates highly processed or manufactured foods as they contain artificial ingredients. Nutritionists don’t advocate for the use of Flat Tummy tea either. Their argument is that this detox tea contains ingredients that help to reduce water weight which can negatively affect the nursing mom’s milk supply.
Flat Tummy Tea Ingredients
This detox tea weight loss product contains plant-based extracts as well as artificial ingredients. The ingredients mainly work by aiding the process of digestion, flushing out wastes and toxins as well as improving the digestive health. This detox tea weight loss product contains ingredients which are divided into three categories:
The Activate Tea ingredients
- Lemon Balm leaf: reduces stress, anxiety, stomach upsets and improves mental performance.
- Fennel seed: aids the process of digestion, treats stomach cramps, bloating and gas.
- Cardamom pods: reduces symptoms of heartburns, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal spasms, constipation, diarrhea, and many others.
- Green Tea Leaf: helps to increase the rate of metabolism and the burning of stored body fat.
The Maintain Tea ingredients
- Cassia Chamaecrista pods: alleviates symptoms of bloating, reduces the level of water retention in the body, detoxifies the body from harmful radicals and cleanses the digestive system.
- Coriander Seed: helps to calm down the digestive tract and reduces gassing, bloating etc.
- Senna leaf: contains laxative effects and aids the process of weight loss.
- Hibiscus flower: improves the digestive tract, speeds up the rate of metabolism, and reduces high blood cholesterol and pressure.
- Caraway Seed: alleviates digestive problems such as colic.
- Lemongrass Leaf: it has aromatherapy effects, reduces stress and enhances moods.
The Cleanse Tea ingredients
- Licorice Root: helps to aid the process of digestion and treat digestive ailments such as colic, stomach ulcers, inflammation etc.
- Peppermint leaf: treats flatulence, indigestion, and diarrhea.
- Rhubarb Root: helps to aid the process of digestion, alleviate stomach cramps.
- Dandelion root: improves appetite and soothes mild digestive ailments such as constipation.
- Senna leaf: this laxative stimulant is great for constipation.
How Some of the Ingredients Affect Breastfeeding Mothers
Some of the ingredients of this detox tea weight loss product such as Peppermint leaf has the ability to reduce the production of milk. This will negatively impact the mother as well as the baby and lead to stress. In addition to that, Senna leaf and dandelion leaf are popular diuretics which eliminate water from the body. These two ingredients can easily lead to dehydration which can be catastrophic when it comes to breastfeeding.
How Flat Tummy Tea Works
Flat Tummy tea reviews show that this detox tea works in two stages: the activate stage where the digestive system is prepared to absorb high amounts of nutrients. During this stage, the rate of metabolism is also increased in order to facilitate a faster digestion process. The cleansing stage is the second and last stage where the digestive tract is cleared of wastes and toxins. During this stage, the tract is detoxified and water weight removed.
Benefits of Flat Tummy Tea
Overall, this detox tea, just like protein shakes, provides users with a wide range of benefits. Peppermint, for instance, helps to increase physical performance. It is a performance enhancer that also helps to accelerate the burning of calories during workouts. Most flat tummy drinkers usually experience an increased rate of metabolism which helps to spark the conversion of fat to fuel. Flat tummy tea reviews indicate that this detox tea is also an appetite suppressor. It helps to inhibit food cravings by promoting the feeling of satiety and reducing binge eating.
Flat Tummy tea reviews show that this weight loss supplement is effective, safe and healthy. However, from the review above, the detox tea should not be taken by breastfeeding mothers. This is because it enhances dehydration and some of the ingredients might also affect the child’s health. However, if you are a non-breastfeeding individual who wants to use this weight loss supplement, then it is necessary that you first consult with your healthcare provider first.