Say you have business related work in Canada and it’s something that won’t take long or you want to go there for an extended trip as a tourist. What are you supposed to do? Well all you will need is a visitor visa for either of the two categories mentioned above or for a combination of both of them.
What is the time limit in Canada for a visitor’s visa?
Everything starting from how long you can stay in Canada to other activities are determined by a border services officer. This officer will authorize the date till which you can stay in Canada- six months or less. If it’s the latter then the date will be indicated in your passport and you will have to leave by then.
Will you be able to work with a visitor visa?
If you have a valid work permit or study permit that is held by your parents or husband/wife then you can apply for work permit according to Immigration, Refugees and Citizen department of Canada. When you come as a visitor to Canada, you can apply only under very few specific circumstances. The canada visitor visa online is available over the net and all you need to do is to fill it up. There is no running around with hard copies.
Is a Temporary Resident Visa the same as a visitor visa?
Yes both are the same and you can call either of them by the other’s name. The Visa helps you to show to the authorities that you have met the requirements to be admitted into Canada as a temporary resident.
What are the requirements of a Visitor’s Visa?
First you have to satisfy an officer about the fact that you will make sure that you will meet the requirements and needs of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and the Refugee Protection act. Along with this you also need to let them know that you’ll be there only temporarily.
The following things must also be kept in mind-
- The fact that you’ll be leaving Canada as soon as your stay gets over must be proven to an officer.
- You must satisfy the officer that you have the resources and amenities to be able to stay in Canada and help yourself along with your family.
- That you don’t want to work or study in Canada until you’re not given the legal authority to do so. A visitor visa form for canada is a must when it comes to wanting a limited stay there.
- You must not have a single trace of criminal activity on you and you have to be a law abiding citizen.
- You have to prove it to the officer that you won’t put Canada at any risk and it’s security will not be threatened by your existence.
- You may have to go through a medical examination procedure to establish that you are in good health
Last but not the least, any additional documents asked of you must be provided to the officer. Keep everything on you that may come handy.